Stainless Games are looking for an experienced C++ video games programmer to work on console, mobile and PC games. We want developers who love games and have a genuine passion for coding.
At Stainless Games, you’ll work with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight (hybrid or in-office).
Stainless is an independent computer game developer established in 1994 with a catalogue of multi-million-selling titles under our belt. Over the years, we’ve developed over 60 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
All applicants must have:
- At least two years of consecutive game development experience.
- Demonstrably strong C++ skills.
- Problem-solving mindset.
- Understanding of multiple gameplay technologies commensurate with experience, such as AI, Physics, Navigation, Scripting, UI, Rendering, etc.
- Good BSc degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Fluent English
- We can help to arrange visa sponsorship for the right candidate.
- Ideally, candidates will be able to work from the office on the Isle of Wight (hybrid).
- Good demonstrable knowledge of C#.
- Experience with scripting languages (LUA).
- Other middleware experience (Unity 3D).
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Platform experience beyond PC (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, iOS/Android).
Working in an agile environment, you’ll need:
- Good communication skills working with multiple disciplines (code, art, design, QA, production).
- Ability to work flexibly and to a deadline.
When applying, please provide a cover letter, CV and any relevant links to work if possible.
After the disruption of recent years, our team have returned to the studio on a much more flexible basis. We thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and we still feel that being able to chat with colleagues face-to-face is an invaluable part of making great games and helping nurture our collaborative company spirit. However, we wanted to give our team the best of both worlds, so they now have the option to work from home on Mondays and Fridays if they wish.
We would consider full-time remote work for the right candidate, but they would need to accommodate UK working hours, so the role would likely be more suited to those in a similar time zone.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2-week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application process and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more...including on the social side
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than a 25-minute drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to treating all our employees and job applicants equally.
Please apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!
We do not accept unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing, placement agencies, or recruiters.